– Organized a baptism event in Lake Park, Worcester for our Mandaean Community on May 19th, 2017. Our board of directors cleaned, and
prepared the location ahead of the event. They provided beverages, and set up tables on the day of the event.
– Made a lecture for our Mandaean Community with Sheikh Haitham Sayed on July 7th, 2017. He spoke about our religion, and informed
our members about their duties, and other important contributions they can make to the community. Our board of directors made sure that
the event runs smoothly, and they booked the place.
– Was invited, and participated in a comprehensive discussion with the FBI, Worcester Police, and other important Worcester
organizations leaders regarding the Iraqi and Mandaean community in Worcester. This took place in Worcester on August 16th, 2017.
– Board of directors and other organization members participated with the Worcester community in Earth Day Clean-up on April 13th, 2018.
– Board of directors attend monthly meetings with Worcester officials to discuss Worcester city issues and plans.
– Board of directors organize tri-monthly fundraisers for poverty-struck Mandaean families in Worcester and even those from other
– Mandaean women are encouraged to create hand-crafted decorations, accessories, and food. Our board of directors help them sell their
products by advertising for them online.
– Our directors create a series of weekly discussions for families about marriage problems and divorces, which worryingly appear to be
frequent in our Mandaean community.
– Women and Children Director, Gladis Gazi, will organize a Douglas State Forest trip for all Mandaean women in Worcester on Mother’s
Day, April 13th, 2018.
– Our president will attend a weekly radio show at 102.9FM and on cable TV channel 194 with Mike Benedetti, starting at the end of May,
2018. Topics of religion and living conditions of Mandaeans in Worcester will be discussed.
– Our directors are planning to start a summer school in mid-June, consisting of Arabic language courses for Mandaean children from 6 to
12 years old. This will take place in our Pleasant street office.
– Our directors also plan to begin Mandaic (Aramaic) language courses for all Mandaean members in Worcester and Massachusetts. This
will take place in our Pleasant street office mid-June or later.
– Our directors plan to create English language courses for all Mandaean members in Worcester and Massachusetts. This will take place in
our Pleasant street office mid-June or later.